MISSION & history
Our Mission Statement: Heartland Girls’ Ranch provides strength-based, trauma-informed services and therapeutic equine programming in a safe and supportive environment that empowers girls to experience success and write a new story for themselves.
Our Mission and Motto: “Healing Youth, Building Lives Through Success” signifies our commitment to providing a safe place for girls to experience success. Founded in 1992, Heartland Girls’ Ranch (HGR) is a working ranch and group home licensed by the Department of Corrections for girls ages 12-21. HGR serves an average of 60-70 girls each year providing housing, supportive services, mental health and therapeutic equine programming and other trauma-informed therapies, and a dedicated school for the girls in our program. HGR has capacity of 24 beds in the Main House, as well as 10 beds in our Hearts for Freedom Program with specialized services for girls who have been sexually exploited/trafficked.
• Each girl is courageous, resilient, valuable and full of potential.
• Each girl deserves the opportunity to develop into the person she was created to be.
• Growth involves healing, learning from the past, and developing skills for the future.
• Together, we can help each other bring out the best in the girls we serve and each other.
• In teaching and modeling healthy relationships.
• In honest and ethical leadership.