MISSION & history
Our Mission Statement: Heartland Girls’ Ranch provides strength-based, trauma-informed services and therapeutic equine programming in a safe and supportive environment that empowers girls to experience success and write a new story for themselves.
Our Mission and Motto: “Healing Youth, Building Lives Through Success” signifies our commitment to providing a safe place for girls to experience success. Founded in 1992, Heartland Girls’ Ranch (HGR) is a working ranch and group home licensed by the Department of Corrections for girls ages 12-21. HGR serves an average of 60-70 girls each year providing housing, supportive services, mental health and therapeutic equine programming and other trauma-informed therapies, and a dedicated school for the girls in our program. HGR has capacity of 24 beds in the Main House, as well as 8 beds in our Hearts for Freedom Program with specialized services for girls who have been sexually exploited/trafficked.
• Each girl is courageous, resilient, valuable and full of potential.
• Each girl deserves the opportunity to develop into the person she was created to be.
• Growth involves healing, learning from the past, and developing skills for the future.
• Together, we can help each other bring out the best in the girls we serve and each other.
• In teaching and modeling healthy relationships.
• In honest and ethical leadership.